Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Turea Moore - Introduction


Hi, my name is Turea Moore and I am a Junior here at Bowling Green State University majoring in Sport Management with a minor in Marketing.  I was born and raised in Cleveland, OH.  Prior to Bowling Green, I went to a high school called Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy in Cuyahoga Falls, OH.  During my 6 years there (it was a combined Jr. High School & High School), I’ve participated in Track and Field and Basketball.  Track was more of a social event when I ran; I didn’t take it serious and only ran because I was fast.  Basketball on the other hand is my first true love.  I have been playing basketball since I was 7 years old, and I haven’t put a ball down since! I was blessed with being able to play on the Varsity level during my freshman year in high school, which was also the same year that I had stopped running track as well.

Basketball and Track are my favorite sports to watch on Television and Live, but Basketball is my favorite sport to play even now.  I love to watch Track meets because I think it is just amazing to see the maximum levels of speeds that human beings can push towards.  My favorite events to watch are any sprint races (100, 200, 400, Hurdles, and Relays).  Sanya Richards-Ross is a female athlete that I would pay to see because I love her dedication and heart she has for her sport.  I follow her on many social networks and even her blogs on YouTube, her work ethic is amazing, and she is phenomenal at what she does.  Basketball on the other hand, I would pay to see Michael Jordan play basketball in his prime! Even if it was just a 1-on-1 match!  Michael Jordan is considered the Greatest Player to ever play basketball, and when I heard about MJ, that’s when I just started getting interested in basketball.

So Far, I have no concerns or expectations for this course, but just from the first week, I do know that it will be a fun interesting one!

1 comment: