Monday, August 27, 2012

Kody Burlingame Intro

My name is Kody Burlingame and I am a Junior majoring in Sport Management and still undecided about my minor. I am from a small town about an hour and 10 minutes West of Bowling Green called Hicksville, Ohio. Back in my High School days I played a variety of sports. My Freshman and Sophomore year I actually lived in Jonesville, Michigan and I played soccer, basketball, and I also ran track. My Junior year I moved to Hicksville, Ohio and I played basketball and football. I do not play any competitive sports in college, even though I would like to. I have been playing intramural flag football and basketball since my Freshman year, which to me is better than not playing a sport at all since I have been used to playing every sport that interested me since I was little.

The female athlete that I would most like to see compete in her sport is Danica Patrick. I chose her because she has accomplished something that no other girl has before, and that is to race in Nascar. I would also like to see her compete because she does not let people boss her around and she is not scared of anyone, and I think that is an important factor to have as an athlete. Lastly, she has some pretty sexy commercials for GoDaddy.com which are entertaining. Below is a picture of Danica Patrick in her Nascar gear.

The male athlete that I would most like to see compete in his sport is Kevin Durant. I would like to see him play because he is a dominant offensive player and he can score at will. He has helped a very young professional team win many playoff games and even reach the NBA Finals. He has won three back to back to back scoring titles and has scored his career best 51 points in a single game. Here is a video of Kevin Durant making a game winning shot.

I do not have any questions or concerns about this class. I think I will enjoy the class and learn valuable information.

1 comment:

  1. RJ Hefflinger

    Hey Kody, i'm wondering if you know the schmidt's? They are form HIcksville as well and I think their youngest daughter goes to BGSU. The dad, Jim, owns a car dealership over that way, i'm not sure if it is in Hicksville or Patric Henry. Anyway they are our neighbors at Clear Lake where we frequently reside at on the weekends and we know them pretty well. I like you choice on Danica but I have a couple questions for you. Do you think she will ever be good enough to eventually contend for points? She has the media behind her, however she has yet to win a race. Danica is one of the best known drivers in Nascar but its not by her performance. Would you say that her popularity as a racer in the media is based solely off of her looks? I'm just wondering what your opinion is on her ability to drive. Also kevin Durant is just nasty so I cant argue with you there. He is one of the most fun athletes to watch in sports. If he wants to score he is going to, no matter who is guarding him. I wish him the best of luck next season, I wouldn't mind seeing him win a championship.

    ReplyDelete