Monday, August 27, 2012

Jeff Hardin- Introduction

Hello my name is Jeff Hardin, I am a Junior here at Bowling Green State University majoring in Sport Management with a minor in Entreperneurship. I currently reside in Columbus, Ohio but I am originally from Saginaw Michigan and I now stay in Bowling Green. I was born and raised in Saginaw, Michigan I lived there up until the end of my freshmen year of high school and moved to Columbus just around the beginning of my sophomore year of high school in August 2007. I have always loved sports and have always been a part of it ever since I was a little kid; I first got invovled with sports in the fourth grade where I played touch football for my elementary school. Then in the fifth grade I played on the basketball team and I also played my sixth and eighth grade year in middle school. I played basketball all the way up until the middle of my freshmen year of high school; due to certain health reasons I unfortunately had to stop playing but I still have never stop loving sports. My definition of sports would be anything that involves any physical activity with an athletic aspect and also competition; but you have to be careful with the word "competition" because that makes room for people to try to throw things in there that aren't sports like poker, spelling bee, stacking, rhythmic gymnastics, darts, etc. but because the word competition is in there people try to put them in the same category as a real sport. My expectations for this class is to learn how gender plays a role in the sports world and look at important issues past and present on how gender has had effects on the sports world. Also not only do I want to learn about gender but about issues that involve world famous athletes and also look at how these athletes have made a serious impact in the world of sports.

One female athlete I would love to see compete in their sport is Skylar Diggins from the Notre Dame women's basketball team. I think she is a very talented basketball player and she has accomplished alot and she hasn't even gone to the pros yet. I believe she has a lot of potential to be a great basketball player.

















One male athlete I would love to see compete in their sport is Michael Jordan hands down. Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player in the history of the game and one of the greatest athletes sport has ever seen. He accomplished so much; he was a 6 time NBA champion, 6 time NBA finals MVP, 5 time league MVP, Olympic gold medalist, and the list goes on and on. He made the Chicago Bulls a very powerful team in his era and also he was a part of the Best Bulls team ever the 1995-1996 team with their record of 72-10 and he was also a part of the greatest team ever the "Dream Team". He has had successful business ventures- his own shoe line, movies, commercials; Michael Jordan is the face of basketball and there will never be another talent like him again.




This concludes my introduction about myself and some of my expectations on the class, I look forward to this being a great class and I look forward to enjoying this class. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment