Monday, August 27, 2012

Brett Creamer - Introduction


I am currently a junior at Bowling Green State University. I was born in Petaluma, California. Petaluma Little League just placed third in the Little League World Series. This is pretty incredible, since no team in my area has ever made it out of San Bernardino. Ever since I can remember I have been an avid sports fan. I’ve played baseball since I was six years old, and played competitively including traveling baseball.  I have also played a year of football in High school and played AAU basketball while in High school. At college I consistently remain active by playing basketball and football in intramurals. BGSU caught my interest with its Sports Management program and seeing what it had to offer. Not only playing sports intrigued me, but also the statistical aspect in sports always interested me. My senior year in High school I took a visit out to BGSU and enjoyed the campus, and figured if I was going to get involved in Sports Management I might as well join one of the best schools in the country that offers it. Although it’s tough to travel from California to Ohio frequently, and live so far away from my family, I thoroughly enjoy my time at BGSU. 
           
A female athlete that I would most like to see compete in her sport is Maya Moore, because she is a top woman’s basketball player that is quick and elusive while playing. She can also play great defense, dribble, and shoot the ball. Moore also dominated in college basketball, the WNBA, and even the Olympics, her skill is constantly improving and she is also a humble person. For a male athlete that I enjoy to see compete is Arizona Cardinal’s wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald has overcome a tough situation for a struggling franchise, and has excelled both on and off the field. Fitzgerald is known for his great work ethic, and for being an incredibly hard worker. Watching Fitzgerald on the field is always one of my favorite moments in watching football.
            
I am incredibly excited for taking Sport and Gender and truly feel that I can learn a lot from this course, and it can teach me things that I can take with me to my future working experiences. As long as I continue to work hard, and keep up on the class readings I know that I can handle the workload.

2 comments:

  1. Larry Fitzgerald is always getting overlooked because of who he plays for, which is unfortunate because he is easily one of the best receivers in the league. - Derek Brewer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett,
    That is very sweet your town's little league team made it that far. I played baseball throughout my childhood and some of high school, but I have always had a joy for the game. I can also say no little league team in my area has made it out of state/regionals, so that is very impressive. Although I didn't put Maya Moore or Larry Fitz, I would also definitely enjoy watching them compete live. They are both one of the most dominent players, if not the most, at their position. Very cool intro.
    -Michael Discipio

    ReplyDelete