Monday, August 27, 2012

Introduction-Chris Cournan

Hi and hello.  My name is Chris Cournan and I am senior here at Bowling Green or as I like to call it; Falcon City.  I am a Sport Management Major and am minoring in Journalism.  I'm from Clarence, NY which is a town just outside of Buffalo.  I chose to come to Falcon City because of the Bowling Green Radio Sports Organization.  This Organization allows for students to broadcast BG sporting events both home and away and it was through this club that I received a job I've wanted since I was a freshman; the play-by-play radio voice of BG Falcon Hockey.

Coming from Buffalo, I am a huge fan of both the Buffalo Bills and Sabres.  Although neither of these teams have ever won a championship, I can assure anyone that with the acquisitions of Steve Ott to the Sabres and Mario Williams to the Bills in their respective offseasons, a pair of championships will be sure to follow these upcoming seasons.

As I said in class, the one female athlete who I would pay to see is Alex Morgan playing for Team USA.  She's a young star for the USA women's soccer team and brings both a lot of energy and finesse to field.  She's very skilled and it would be fun to see her live and notice up-close just how talented she is.

The one male athlete who I would pay to see would be David Beckham.  Currently he plays for the LA Galaxy in the MLS but he has also played for legendary teams such as Manchester United and Real Madrid.  Even though he's older now and he may not be as quick as he used to be, he still has an excellent touch on the ball and plays lethal balls into the box and on the net that pose huge threats to all MLS goal keepers.

My only concern for this class is that during discussions, arguments may get a little bit heated on which sports females and males should be able to compete in.  For example, we touched on some of them already but males playing field hockey or females playing sports like baseball or football.

No comments:

Post a Comment