Monday, August 27, 2012

Nate Dudzik - Introduction

By: Nate Dudzik

My name is Nate Dudzik and I am a senior Sport Management major from Green Bay, Wisconsin. My current plan is to complete my internship by next summer or fall and graduate by next December. Luckily I know some people within the organization of the Packers so hopefully I can complete my internship with them. In high school I competed in basketball and soccer and recreationally I'd play any other sport. (Still continues here at BGSU) I'm not completely sure what position I want to be in with a sport organization, but I know that my dream job has me working with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Being from Wisconsin however, I'm not the biggest Wisconsin sports fan. I'm kind of all over the place for my favorite sports team as I cheer for the Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Mariners, Philadelphia Flyers and Louisville Cardinals.

My favorite female athlete is more or less a tie between Abby Wambach and Alex Morgan, but for being in her 30s and still managing to run around a soccer field for 90 minutes is pretty impressive. I never really watched women's soccer that much until the World Cup attention after our comeback win over Brazil, and Wambach making the sensational tying goal in the ending minutes of regulation. After that I watched the finals of the Cup and even though we lost to Japan, Wambach again came through big that game.



My favorite male athlete is really a toss-up between Felix Hernandez and LeSean McCoy. I have to give the slight edge to King Felix because I've followed him longer. It was a pretty special feeling that I actually was able to witness Felix's perfect game live. I'll remember that moment for the rest of my life and I can say it happened to my favorite player on one of my favorite teams. Due to the fact that he is on the Mariners, it keeps him from top media attention, but when he's at his best, King Felix is arguably the most dominant pitcher in baseball. The biggest thing that I like about Felix is that he is very humble. He's been on the Mariners for his whole career and despite that, he rarely if ever complains about the lack of run support he receives or that the team is an annual doormat. It was quoted by some Seattle players that when Ichiro left, the face of the team disappeared, but the heart of it didn't.


I really don't have any concerns with the class. It's just another piece to learn and hopefully there's some good discussions and debates during the year.

1 comment:

  1. Nate,

    I couldn't agree more about Abby Wambach. I think it is truly impressive that someone that age can still make such a difference in the game. She plays with the heart and passion of a younger athlete and that's pretty remarkable. I also think it is great how she has been such an ambassador for the game of soccer. That is also very cool that you were able to see the perfect game live. Not many people are able to say that they witnessed one of those!

    Wes

    ReplyDelete