Monday, August 27, 2012

Introduction By: Derek Brewer

Hello my name is Derek Brewer and I am a Junior majoring in Sport Management and minoring in Journalism. I am from Dayton, Ohio, the home of the Wright Brothers. The Sport Management program is one of the main reasons I came to Bowling Green State University. I'm a huge Cincinnati Reds fan, mainly because I grew up idolizing Barry Larkin, and it is good to see him get inducted into the hall of fame. 

As I stated in class the female athlete I would pay to see is Alex Morgan, a forward for the U.S. Women's National Soccer team. She is such a dynamic player, and although she is known for her scoring ability I was very impressed with her versatility during the Olympics. It seemed as though she was setting up every goal she was not scoring. When watching her on Television it is easy to see that she is the most athletic person on the field, and to be able to see that "wow" factor in person would be absolutely incredible.

The male athlete that I would pay to see is Joey Votto, the first basemen, and MVP for the Cincinnati Reds. Growing up in Dayton I was able to see Joey Votto when he played for the Dayton Dragons, the Reds Class A minor league affiliate. When I would go to the games and watch him play I just knew that he was going to make it big at the Show. I want to see his progression first hand from the time he was a raw talent with the Dragons to the complete player he is now.

I feel like this class is going to be very interesting. Since there will be quite a few controversial topics it will make for some heated class discussions I'm sure. I'm hoping that it will become one of the classes that I am most looking forward to going to throughout the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment