Monday, August 27, 2012

Gene Csakany-Introduction

I am currently a junior at Bowling Green State University.  Born in Brick, New Jersey; which happens to be right where MTV’s Jersey Shore is filmed, I was practically raised on sports.  I started playing football in 2nd grade and played my way through senior year in High School.  I am most likely one of the youngest, if not the youngest in class at 19 years old, and have completely gotten used to being one of the youngest in the group.  My first love is sports, and once I realized that a professional sports career was not in my future I started to look for a way to keep sports a big part of my life; which is right around the time I found out about BGSU, and decided on a Sports Management major. 
The fact that BGSU is so highly respected in the Sports Management field is the reason I left living on the beach to go 10 hours away to live in the middle of a field.  I plan to get my degree in Sports Management from Bowling Green State University, and then go to Law School back home at Rutgers University, and someday become a Sports Agent.  Although this is a career most people say is not practical and realistic, I really don’t listen to what people think, I faced many obstacles to get to college and will continue to break them en route to be a Sports Agent.
I’m a diehard New York Giants fan, being as football is by far the sport I love the most, but I am also a big New Jersey Devils, and Miami Hurricanes fan as well.  This leads me to which athletes, male or female I would pay to see.  My obvious #1 is Eli Manning, plain and simple, this guy is my boy, he brought my Giants 2 SuperBowls in 5 years, with more coming, and he did it all with the most respectable demeanor in the toughest media market to play in.  But all biased opinions aside, I would also love to see Ray Lewis, or Lebron, and if I had the money, I would gladly pay to see them.  As far as female athletes go, it has to be a landslide with Alex Morgan.  She is an amazing forward, always is in the right place at the right time, and just happens to be drop dead gorgeous, which is not the only reason I would pay to see her, but definitely one of them. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gene, found it very interesting how you came all the way to Bowling Green from New Jersey, similar to me coming from California! You must be very excited from all of your past success from your teams such as the Giants and Yankees. Especially you being a LeBron James fan as well, unlike my teams who haven't won a championship since 1985. -Brett Creamer

    ReplyDelete