Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nate Riley- Introduction

My name is Nathan Riley, and I am a Sports Management Major, with a minor in Communication. Sports have been my life since I was at a very young age. I was involved athletically in high school, and like many other Sports Management majors I did not want stop being involved.

Over the course of the past few years, I have changed my outlook on Sport quite a bit. I came to Bowling Green State University in hopes of preparing to attend Law School, but as the year has gone I have been more and more focused on college athletics. One of my main ambitions in life is to be able to have a family and be a good dad, and I know being a Sports Agent will not allow me to do that. So, I am preparing my future for college athletics where I will be able to get my family involved.

My favorite professional athlete as of right now would have to be, Tim Tebow. I know even just saying the name can draw a lot of attention to oneself. Being a part of "Tebow Mania" is something that is constantly under speculation, but I feel fans are starting to idolize athletes for simply their athletic accomplishes and not what is important and that is their morals. Tim Tebow is a man that carries himself to a higher standard and I truly respect that about him.

My favorite female athlete would have to Misty May-Treanor. She is an athlete that is simply a legend among female athletes! She also carries herself to a higher standard, and it is incredible she has carried out her dominance for so long! Truly incredible to watch, and someone I feel young girls can look up to as well.


1 comment:

  1. Nate,
    It is very admirable that your ambitions have changed because of your desire to have a family. I think that is why I immediately ruled out becoming an agent in the future. Not necessarily because I am a woman and believe I am destined to be a mom, I totally have no clue if that is in the cards for me. But I do know that I want a career that allows me to coach my kids, or my nieces/nephews. I have coached HS softball and assisted with youth organizations and there is absolutely no way I could give that up in my profession. That seems to me to be the most rewarding aspect of sport- teaching a skill or sport to a hard working kid wanting to be good. I also have helped at basketball and soccer skills camps, and being hands on is so fun! Good luck with your studies and I hope it all works out for you! (Also, I'm a Tebow Fan too.... but while he was still at Florida!)

    ReplyDelete