Monday, August 27, 2012

Mike Discipio Intro

My name is Mike Discipio, and I am from Chicago, Illinois.  I am a junior, but this is my first year at BGSU.  There are several reasons why I chose to transfer here, but the main reason is because of the great reputation the Sport Management program has.  Throughout my childhood, and most of high school, I played soccer, basketball, and baseball.  Eventually I decided to focus on school and only play recreationally.  My favorite sports to follow are football, basketball, hockey, and soccer, but I enjoy watching any sport if it's a good game/matchup.  When it comes to favorite teams, I am strictly a Chicago fan except for baseball.  Contradictory to most Chicago natives, I like both the Cubs and the Sox, but my favorite team is the Boston Red Sox.  I honestly don't know how/why I became a Red Sox fan, but I am.

The female athlete I would most enjoy seeing compete is Mia Hamm.  She was one of the best women to ever play the sport, and being a huge soccer fan I know I would enjoy watching her dominate.  As for the male athlete, I have a tie between Michael Jordan and Usain Bolt.  I would choose Jordan because he might be the most fierce competitor to ever play a sport, and I am from Chicago.  It's rare to see the hunger he had to win, and I know I would enjoy watching that live.  As for Usain Bolt, he is the most dominating athlete to run track and field, and after watching the past two Olympics, I know I would love seeing him live (even if it is only for 10-20 seconds).

I don't have any concerns for this class as of now.  I really think I'm going to enjoy debating in class and expressing my thoughts on this blog; as I hope everyone else will as well.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike,

    This is a nicely written Introduction. It does seem strange that you would become a Red Sox fan when you are from Chicago, but I suppose stranger things have happened. I can also appreciate your wanting to see Mia Hamm compete. She was a joy to watch when she played for the 1999 Women's World Cup and I too would have liked to see her compete live. It's good that you enjoy debating in class because I believe your class will be doing a lot of that this semester.

    I look forward to reading your future entries.

    Dr. Spencer

    ReplyDelete