Monday, August 27, 2012

Kevin Meyers - Introduction

My name is Kevin Meyers. I am from Roselle, Illinois, which is 20 minutes west of Chicago. In high school, I played basketball for one year and varsity tennis in all four years in high school, as well as club baseball all four years in high school. I no longer play any competitive sports.

The female athlete I would like to see compete most in her sport would probably be Serena Williams. I enjoy tennis, and considering she is one of the best in the world at what she does, not to mention how extremely competitive she is, I would definitely pay money to see Serena Williams play in a big time event such as Wimbledon.

Serena Williams wins 2012 Wimbledon

Without question, the male athlete I would most like to see compete in person would be LeBron James. This is for a variety of reasons. First, he is unquestionably the best player in the NBA right now. Secondly, and maybe most importantly, he is an absolute freak of nature. At 6'8, 270 pounds, he is one of the fastest players in the NBA, he can play all 5 positions and play them extremely well, and he can do anything he wants on the basketball court at any given time. I specifically remember one time seeing the Bulls when Cleveland was in town and LeBron dropped 25 points in the first quarter alone. It was one of the best achievements I had ever seen in person at a sporting event.

LeBron James Top 10 Plays of 2012 Season

I have no concerns about taking this class. I am actually very excited as to what we are going to discuss in class over the course of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment