Monday, August 27, 2012

Kristi Kopaniasz's Introduction

By: Kristi Kopaniasz

Hello Everyone! My name is Kristi Kopaniasz. I am a junior Broadcast Journalism and Sport Management major from Sylvania, Ohio which is just west of Toledo. I am very busy and involved at BGSU. I am a Resident Advisor in Offenhauer so if you live there feel free to say hi and introduce yourself! Also, I am the manager at The Perry Field House which is where a lot of people recognize me from. In addition, I am a student assistant for the Athletic Communications Department here. I assist the SID’s and work in the press box or on the sidelines at most athletic events. Rarely do I get to enjoy a game from the student section. When I am not busy doing one of those activities, I am a sports anchor for BG24 Sports and a sports writer/reporter for The BG News. My favorite part of Sport Management classes is when guys don’t think girls know a lot about sports. I love giving guys a run for their money and having insightful sports related conversations; I can hold my own with them.

During high school I was a three-sport varsity athlete. I played volleyball, basketball and ran track. Volleyball is my passion though. I play on the Women’s Club team for BGSU. Because of my love of volleyball that is why my favorite female player/team is beach volleyball duo Misty May and Kerri Walsh. It’s sad to see Misty leave the sport but, I’m glad she left on top.


My favorite male athlete is Tim Tebow. I know a lot of people either love him or hate him but, I have followed him ever since he committed to Florida from Nease High School. I hope this year he has the opportunity to develop with the Jets and step into that starting role that I know he deserves. I would love to see him play someday.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristi,

    It does sound like you have a lot going on with all your different activities. I loved what you wrote when you said: "My favorite part of Sport Management classes is when guys don’t think girls know a lot about sports. I love giving guys a run for their money and having insightful sports related conversations." I look forward to hearing your input on various topics because I have no doubt that we will get into (more) heated discussions.

    Thanks for sharing your Introduction.

    Dr. Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi,

    You seem so involved at BG and that's awesome! I also work for Residence Life as a desk clerk for Centennial Hall. I love my job but I have such respect for Resident Advisers now that I've seen what they do up close and in person. It is a hard and demanding job, and it takes a right kind of person for the job! I am also interested in doing broadcast sports journalism, it just seems like such an exciting world! I honestly don't think it gets any better than being right there on the sideline with the players seeing the game up close and discussing the game with them. My dream would be working for Comcast Sportsnet back in Chicago. I love Chicago sports and that is my favorite network to watch! Where is your dream job?

    Jennifer Zoellick

    ReplyDelete