Monday, August 27, 2012

Josiah Blevins - Introduction


My name is Josiah Blevins and I am a junior here at Bowling Green.  I plan on graduating in August of next year though by taking summer classes and doing my internship this summer.  I am a sport management major with a minor in business.  My plan is to attend graduate school after I complete my undergrad in athletic administration.   After that I would like to be an athletic director at the high school level.  My dream job would be to be the high school athletic director at my former high school.
I am from Brighton Michigan, which is about an hour and fifteen minutes north of here.  Brighton is also just about twenty minutes north of Ann Arbor.  For that reason I am a big Michigan fan.  In high school I played football for four years, mostly playing offensive line throughout my high school career.  At the recreational level I also played soccer, basketball, and baseball.  My favorite sports teams are any Detroit team as well as the Michigan Wolverines.  My favorite team is the Detroit Lions.  I have been a HUGE fan ever since I can remember.  It was tough being a Lions fan for many years but now it looks like they have finally turned things around. 
The female athlete I most like to see compete is Alex Morgan.  I just found out about her last year during the Women’s World Cup, at the time she mostly just came off the bench.  In that tournament she showed a lot of heart and helped the US in many situations of the bench.  Now this year I got the chance to watch her again, this time in the Olympics.  She impressed me again this year with her abilities to make play not only for herself but also for her teammates.

The male athlete I would pay to see would be Michael Phelps.  One reason I would like to see him compete is because he is the greatest Olympian of all time.  He also proved many people wrong this year and won many events even though many people doubted him.  The other thing I like about him is his personality; even though he is not the nicest guy he is very entertaining to me.
The only concern I have for this class is that people will not participate in the discussion.  In other classes I have had this problem and it lead to the class, which is mostly discussion based not being that interesting.  This though I do not think will be an issue because so far the discussions in this class have gone well.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Josiah,

    Thanks for sharing your Introduction. You did a nice job of writing about the athletes and sports that you like. I especially appreciated the clip on Alex Morgan. I remember watching that game and I almost felt sorry for Canada because they were dominating until that point (I got over it quickly:-) As I recall, Alex Morgan is one of the younger U.S. players so we should be able to see a lot of her in the future.

    I was curious about your comment that Michael Phelps was "not the nicest guy." Were you referring to his episode with the bong, or is there something else we should know about him?

    Hopefully your concern about people not participating in class discussion will not be an issue. I have found in the past that people are usually pretty good about discussing the topics about which we will be reading.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog entries!

    Thanks,

    Dr. Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I revised my introduction in order to recieve the full 10 points.

    Josiah Blevins

    ReplyDelete