Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ryan Hetrick- Conclusion

During the Sport and Gender class I have learned so much more about different aspects of race, gender, equality, and persons with disabilities in sports. The best thing about this class was the freedom to speak and the amount of good discussion input given by everyone in the class. The most interesting discussion, to me, was the LeBron James discussion about the decision, because it is the topic I am most familiar with being a Cavs fans.

The blogging/journaling aspect of the class was also enjoyable to me. It gave students the freedom to continue discussions outside of class and on a more comfortable basis, where disagreements weren't fought over, but discussed. My favorite blog to write about was the typical body in athletics where I compared UFC fighters bodies to their skill levels.

The group project was a good project as well because the amount of freedom it gave us and I think everyone's presentations were very well done and seemed like everyone really knew their information.

I think this class has changed my judgments and has definitely caused me to think critically about issues in sports whenever they arise on ESPN. I would absolutely recommend this class and Dr. Spencer and Kara have both done a great job all semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment