Thursday, December 6, 2012

Conclusion - Nate Dudzik

Over the course of this semester, I was able to learn much more about the relations of gender and other topics as related to sport. I think that it's important that everyone learns every aspect about what they want to do with their career, and this class helped out with one of those aspects. I enjoyed the fact that this class was different than other classes in the fact that there was a lot of discussion instead of just lecture. The one discussion that I liked the most was probably the Dream Team vs. this year's olympic team. Basketball is my favorite sport and the discussion back and forth was very interesting to hear. 

Blogging was something that I'd been familiar with in the past, with previous classes, so it made all the sense to do one for this class. There were a good number of blogs with great entries about certain topics that and to see what other people thought. There were times when one person's blog sparked a big number of comments and then there were other times that many blogs were created about a subject. It also shows what subject was interesting to the class and what ones weren't as interesting. 

The one blog that I did enjoy was the cool pose subject that we talked about in class. That's also the topic that I'm covering in the group project. Seeing the differences in the way people dressed and acted back in the 90s to where we are today is very interesting. Following a group like the Fab 5 and how they were able to become a cultural icon.

Overall this has been one of my favorite classes over this semester because of the differences it had with my other classes. Dr. Spencer fueled discussion and wanted to know what we thought on the subject, which is just as important as what she was teaching us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment