Thursday, December 6, 2012

Conclusion- Jacob Beverly

I enjoyed taking this class and learning about all the different aspects of sport and gender. This was one of the best classes I have taken regarding interesting topics and class discussion. Every day seemed like a great class discussion and it was cool to hear everyone's opinion on our topics. It made coming to class entertaining to say the least. Some things I've learned in the class is how society tries to put a title to everything and judges everyone, especially when it comes to gender and how people are perceived in sport. It has been very interesting and eye opening to see the deeper aspects of sport and gender that we have discussed throughout the semester.

I think keeping a blog helped me express my opinions on certain topics and allowed me to see everyone else's opinions as well. I think it made for additional great discussion that extended from our class discussions. Keeping the blog made me think of how I really stood on certain subjects, sometimes I find myself just listening and not really thinking of where I stand, but when I have to write about it, it makes me think of how I feel and what my views are.

I will take the views of society and the deeper definitions of sport and gender throughout my life and I think it will help me in a journalism career. It will allow me to write better stories and let the audience know the real details that they would not normally realize or think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment