Monday, September 3, 2012

Introduction



My name is Tim Love and I am a Junior here at Bowling Green State University.  Through my two years here at BGSU I have nothing but positive things to say about the university and community.  One thing I love about BGSU is the athletic programs.  I play football here at the university and our teams as well as the 17 other teams here work hard every day at our sports.  The motto that we live by is “18 sports 1 team”.  This motto holds true because all of the falcon athletic programs here are like a family.

If I could choose one male and female to pay to see play it would be Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens and track runner Lolo Jones.  I would pay to see Ray Lewis play because he is one of my favorite athletes of all time.  Ray Lewis plays his heart out every time he steps on the field.  His intensity is matched by no one.  This is why he is still able to play the game at a high level for as long as he has.  Lewis wasn’t the best or most recruited player in high school or the most talented in college.  He just works his butt off and his work ethic inspires me.  He is a role model to a lot of people and is one of mine. 

The female athlete that I would pay to see is Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones.  Lolo Jones has a background story that truly inspires people.  She grew up poor and often homeless.  However, she didn’t let that stop her dream of running track in the Olympics.  She worked hard and was able to make that dream come true.  She is also a joy to watch run.  She prepares so hard for her races and always has a focused look on her face.  She is also one of the best looking track athletes in the world.  That’s a plus if I’m going to pay a lot of money to pay to see her run.

I have great expectations for this class.  Last semester I had the Sport History class with both Dr. Spencer and Kara, It was one of my favorite classes.  They both make class fun and interactive.  I hope to learn a lot in this class and it will be interesting to see how big of a role gender plays in sport.    


By: Tim Love
           

No comments:

Post a Comment